Friday, April 23, 2010

Our Lord and Saviour


Formerly of Hunting Season, Jason Salstein has a new line
called Our Lord and Saviour and this is a church I can follow.
Featuring high quality leathers in neutral tones, with eye catching details like the 
silver crucifixtion of Jesus Christ on the front. 
They are pricey-$3265 for the python and $8695 for the crocodile, ouch.
In a recent interview at The Purse Blog he defended his designs
"I wanted to create a brand that already had a legacy and a history built in. I wanted to bring back emotion and couture qualities in the handbag market. Everything is handmade with Our Lord & Saviour.
The crucifix was not for shock value at all, but rather an introduction of the sacred Gothic aesthetic I want to convey. It just happens to be the subject that receives a lot of attention and moves me the most and others as well. I am sure that Catholics are not the only individuals that venture to Italy and visit the Sistine Chapel or Vatican. People ooh and awe at the paintings, frescoes, Michelangelo’s marble Madonna etc.
I look at the clutch as a true work of art, every detail has been thought out from the inscription on the scroll, to the crown of thorns, and nails in the hands and feet. I want to create bags that have the same effect as true masters!"
Clearly this is not going to appeal to everyone
 that's fine by me.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment